2NE1 2nd mini Album Review.

/
0 Comments

Track list
1. I Am The Best
2. Ugly
3. Lonely
4. Hate You
5. Don't Cry
6. Don't Stop The Music

 

1.  I Am The Best - After being presented with such great ballads I was ready for a fierce song with a great choreography. I Am The Best is a dancing song that will make you break a sweat. I was very content with this song having different mixes of genres. The chorus just simply states I Am the best and I like that fact because it will probably boost girls and boys confidence. The vocals were placed wonderfully from the raps to the chorus to the singing. Though it is a wonderful song I felt it missed something. 7.5/10





2. Ugly - This is one of my favorite songs from the album, it goes from soft to an energetic electric guitar riff which blend in so well and make it a summer anthem for every girl who sometimes has issues or has a tough time getting noticed. The lyrics are deep filled with emotions. The chorus is very catchy and easy to understand for international fans around the world, which was made in English for everyone to understand and relate to. 9/10




3. Lonely - lonely lonely lonely. When I first read that lonely's' chorus was going to be very repetitive I was worried it wouldn't be such a liked song. As soon as I heard lonely I was very surprised. It felt so raw as if they were giving a acoustic show right in my ears. First it started with a beautiful acoustic guitar which was accompanied by violins. Nothing was added to the girls vocals and that made it sound so rich. CL voice graced the first verse as minzy followed and dara sang and Bom hit the high notes during the bridge. The topic of the song is brilliant we never get to hear a song about someone in a relationship who feels alone and lonely. 8/10




4.  Hate you - This song is very strong. The reason I say this is the fact that it was first called f*** you. Due to it being a curse word the title was renamed Hate You. This song shows the emotion that they are fine living without the awful man and they hate him. This is a great song for woman who have gone through a break up and they realize their better without him. Hate you vocals are outstanding lyrics are well put and not to mention the very unique music video that is animated by the famous Mari Kim. This an awesome funky electronic club song. 8.5/10




5. Don't Cry - This is a wonderful ballad sung by 2ne1 lead vocalist park bom and starts of smoothly with a piano melody then softly mixes in with a dance beat. Parks vocals blend in so well you can feel the emotion in this song. In this song park sings in a lower range and it suits her so well in this love ballad. 8/10




6. Don't Stop The Music - From the day that I saw the making of this video in 2NE1 TV season 2 it caught my attention. This originally was a digital single CF for Yamaha Fiore but it was put on the mini album and I think it's fabulous. This song just make you want to sing along and dance and you definitely don't want to stop the music. My favorites part is the bridge of the song it slows down but then goes back to dancing mode. Vocals were  fantastic and sharp 9/10


Overall after having such a delightful time enjoying this mini album I was greatly pleased I would give it a 9/10 really enjoyed it.



You may also like

No comments: