4th Of July Pie Celebration!. Happy Independence Day!

/
0 Comments

July 4th is around the corner and in celebration of independence day I will be sharing with you the two pies I am planning on making this Wednesday for this fun filled day. Since it's independence day it's all about american pride even though I am not american I am still celebrating because I live in the U.S.A. What a better way than to celebrate with a good ole american pie.

 
Doesn't that pie look delicious? Well I am proud to say that I will be making a key lime pie and a blueberry pie, in my house there can never be too many sweets. My mom is delighted because she loves desserts so much that I believe that her middle name should be dulce which means sweet in Spanish. Here is the recipie that I will be using for the blue berry pie.

Five Minute Blueberry Pie

Prep Time 15 min

Ready in 15 min

1/2 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
3/4 cup of water
4 cups of fresh or frozen berries (I'm using a can)
1(9 inch) graham cracker crust
whipped cream

You can read the rest of the recipe at  http://allrecipes.com



The second pie is the key lime pie and this is the recipe I will be using and I can't wait to show updated pictures of how my pie turned out. Here is the recipe I will be using.

Key lime Pie

Prep time 15 min

Inactive 2 min

Cook time 35 min

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick of butter) melted
2 (14 ounce) can of condensed milk
1 cup of key lime or regular lime juice
2 whole eggs
1 cup of sour cream
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of lime zest

This recipe is by Emeril lagasse to read more go to http://www.foodnetwork.com

I seriously cannot wait for the 4th of july going to have such yummy food. Have a wonderful rest of the week and a safe 4th of July. Please be careful with the fire works and don't forget to have a fun filled day.



Photobucket


You may also like

No comments: