Why aren't people original?

/
1 Comments
Today (this was posted 4 days after vma airing) I decided to watch TV (It's a rare occasion) and I see a commercial for the MTV vma's ( video music awards) saying they were going to air it at 9pm. I said that's nice since i'm not doing anything special tonight I'm just going to watch it. As I am watching it I see up to 4 songs that were being nominated that were sampled.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




Seriously this was my face but there's more then I said
.
.
.
.
.
WHAT!

What is wrong now days? I know we need to go green to protect the earth and recycle but it literally doesn't mean everything. As I continued watching the infamous VMA (it wasn't even that good) I see a song that is nominated by "rapper" lil wayne called 6 foot 7 foot. The first thing that pops into my head as I hear the song is "You have to be kidding me" I couldn't believe that he had sampled Harry Belafonte banana boat (day o) song. Hello, that's a classic you don't mess with classics. Have musicians ran out of ideas?

Here is the classic song by Belafonte


Here is the hilarious Beetle Juice clip one of my favorite 80's movies.


And here is the lil wayne version ( warning explicit version )


I was very disappointed because I knew this was going to come





But then I saw this and I said there is people who still think classics should be left alone

 

Nothing against lil wayne personally ( for people who think I dislike him ) I just don't like the fact that their is no originality anymore. What ever happened to producing your own music and making your own songs so you could be remembered also as a classic. Not only with music but also with movies. Why are they remaking dirty dancing? Footloose? and Poltergeist?
.
.
.
.


These are timeless classics that should never be remade. I will not have the same impact of being afraid of my TV as when I was small lol ( Poltergeist). When I saw the new remake of nightmare on elm street I wanted my freddy back ha ha the new freddy lacked creepiness and wasn't even scary and I wasn't hesitant of falling asleep. For the young readers not feeling my pain, how would you feel if years from now they remade Twilight or Harry Potter? Sad right?
.
.
.
.


There are so many talented movie producers out there ( hint hint: Esdras ) and many talented artist waiting to be discovered that make their own music from scratch, from producing to writing their songs and work so hard. My question is why sample? Why remake movies? Also why play the same movies everyday that we could even act it out? You know what would be very interesting if instead of sampling bring back genres that sadly have died out and no one makes anymore such as disco, swing, blues and jazz and make it with a nice twist that would be appealing to people. What is your opinion? To remake or not to remake? Have a wonderful day and God bless.

Photobucket


You may also like

1 comment:

  1. this was really cool, but understand that its an industry people are trying to make money, and honestly some remakes are good.

    ReplyDelete